Here at Switchback LED Lighting we also specialize in building and retrofitting headlight fittings.
VF Quad Projectors with Sequential Halos, housing blackout and etched projector lenses.
- Projector conversion from standard reflector housing in High Beam
- Quad Sequential Halos (Controlled Via Smartphone App through Bluetooth)
- Housing Blackout (Matte or Gloss)
- Projector Lense Etching (None/Honeycomb)
- Customizable “Fin” Colour
- Breather module added to prevent condensation
These headlights are made upon order ONLY; these are only to be ordered via speaking to our staff: mobile/text message/ social media.
The headlights plug in as normal (Low beam, parkers, high beam, indicators) but some basic wiring is required to power the sequential halos.
We include a fuse tap with the wiring kit for your convenience and recommend to provide power to the halos using the following methods:
- Wired to accessories power (Halos will come on when in accessories mode )
- Wired to ignition (Halos will only operate when engine is running .)
- Wired to straight 12V through a switch (This is manual operation, this means that the driver can choose when the halos are on/off.) Leaving them on will flatten your battery
ELECTRONICS: Electronics MUST be installed in an area of the engine bay where their is no risk of water ingress. The electronics in this kits are not waterproof. Failure to do so may cause malfunction or damage to any of the electronic components (Power supply, LED driver, bluetooth module or halos).
Note: We include dielectric grease for customers to fill ALL 3 pin plugs. This essentially makes the plugs water resistant. If this is not applied and water gets into the area, a short between the pins on the plug can result in damage to the halo rings themselves. If this happens, the halo will need to be replaced, and that cost will be charged to the customer for the ring and labor to fit.
- Positive (Accessories, Ignition, 12V)
- Negative (Chassis/ – Terminal of the battery)
The rest of the kit is completely plug and play.
- 2x Modified Custom Headlight Fittings
- 1x Wiring kit (Driver module, bluetooth module and power supply)
- 2x Extension harness (generally the passenger side headlights halo connections will be too short to reach the drivers side.)
- 1x Tube of dielectric grease. (This MUST BE used in all 3 pin plugs to prevent water damage. Failure to do so will void warranty on the product)
PARKERS, LOW BEAM, HIGH BEAM, INDICATORS NOT INCLUDED!
We recommend to apply a PPF or Ceramic Coating onto the headlight lenses for optimal lifespan of headlight lenses.
These can be added at an additional cost.
NOTE FOR US CUSTOMERS:
Our headlights start off as a RHD beam pattern. Upon ordering, we look at your shipping address to see if you are a US customer. If you are, we convert our RHD projector cutoff to a LHD cutoff to suit driving on the opposite side of the road to us. This beam pattern is a ECE pattern which complies with our Australian standards, however US standards usually use a different type of lens cutoff called DOT. Please see the differences of the beam patterns below.
Please note: Our headlights are shipped to US customers with a LHD ECE Cutoff.
LEGALITY FOR ROAD USE
FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY. We are not liable for any issues with law enforcement.
We estimate a 4 week lead time from when the order is placed to when the customer receives the product.
We offer a warranty period of 12 months for any defects in build quality that is affected when building these headlights, this includes headlight seal, and internal paint. Please note: OEM and Aftermarket headlights to suit VF CAN be subject to condensation on the inside of the headlight lens. This is due to the insufficient amount of breathers on these headlights, we do our best to combat this issue: 2x bolt on breather vents added, extra precautions taken when sealing headlight and 1x 10g silica packets are added inside the housing to help prevent this issue.
9 times out of 10 customers will not have this issue, but sometimes in high humidity situations mixed with cold weather it is quite common. Our warranty DOES NOT cover light condensation.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a common issue with the design of these headlights when blacking the housing out. The placement of the projector lens in conjunction with the shroud is very close, if these are left in hot/sunny environments the lens can act like a magnifying glass and reflect onto the bottom section of the shroud. Prolong exposure can cause the bottom of the shroud to start to melt due to this reflection. The only way to truly prevent this issue is to leave the shroud chrome so that the heat is reflected.
Please refrain to leaving your car in these conditions to avoid this issue, as our warranty does not cover this.
We do not offer warranty on the headlight fittings themselves from TYC.